From today, there is a new option for using Turnitin plagiarism checking within Canvas assignments which require students to make an online submission. This may be preferable for staff who are simply using Turnitin for plagiarism but not for marking. For online marking, this new option requires you to use Speedgrader (Canvas) rather than Turnitin Grademark.
Option 1 (new): Canvas Assignment with plagiarism checking
• Choose online submission in the Submission Type dropdown box
• Check the “Plagiarism review” option and complete options for Turnitin
• Visit the Canvas gradebook for the similarity report (the report will not appear in the assignment)
To know more about the new option, please visit here.
Option 2 (existing): Canvas Assignment using Turnitin for plagiarism and marking
• Choose “external tool” in the Submission Type dropdown box
• Choose “Turnitin” in the external tool URL options
• Visit the Canvas gradebook or the Turnitin assignment for the similarity report