Our adoption of Canvas
The University of Auckland established the Learning and Teaching Technology Review (LTTR) Programme in 2014. The LTTR Programme’s purpose was to support the University’s learning and teaching with a cohesive suite of contemporary educational technologies. Out of this came the Canvas Implementation Project.
- The University completed a review, e-learning investment plan and report in 2014.
- The University announced the decision to replace CECIL, the current Learning Management System (LMS), in February 2014.
- The University conducted a detailed procurement process for a new LMS.
- The Tenders Board approved Instructure and their product Canvas in May 2015.
- The Vice-Chancellor announced Canvas as the new LMS product for the University in June 2015.
- The University offered orientation and discovery sessions in the third quarter of 2015.
- The University delivered migration and training opportunities in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- The University conducted a Summer School Pilot in the first quarter of 2016.
- The University delivered all of its courses in Canvas in Semester One 2016.
The Canvas Implementation Project was conducted under the guidance of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor John Morrow, and the Director of Learning and Teaching, Dr Kevin Morris. Implementation was managed by the University Strategic Programme Office (USPO).
Dr Kevin Morris
Phone: +64 9 923 3163 ext 83163