Discussion points in the July Canvas monthly meeting:
- QuestionMark – There have been a growing number of QuestionMark-related queries. We have KBs and guides that will be updated.
- DocViewer – We have had some reports of comments disappearing from assignments in the new DocViewer (which replaced Crocodoc/Box). These instances were reported to Instructure, who have since fixed the issue.
- Support for Final Grades submission – Staff Service Centre, Learning & Teaching Innovation Services and Canvas Facilitators have been collaborating to provide adequate and timely support for staff.
- Training session for System Role holders – Staff who hold system roles have now been contacted about training available to them.
- Canvas jqueryUI widgets (e.g., accordions, tabs) – In the past, Instructure used jqueryUI for Canvas widgets such as accordions and tabs. Now they’re phasing out jqueryUI, in favour of React.JS. Using React, they’re developing their own UI library (instructure-UI). Reasons for this change include faster load-time, bug fixes and improved usability and accessibility. Institutions are encouraged to manage their own widget libraries, where they can maintain jqueryUI support independently. This is what the University of Auckland is doing currently.