If you are using a program outside of Canvas, such as Remark or TeamMates, you will have to bring the marks from these programs into Canvas. Most programs offer an export version that you can use to import the marks into Canvas. In this case, you might want to consider the following.
Canvas needs a .csv file and it needs these column headings for it to work:
- ID (this one is Canvas ID)
- SIS User ID (this one is the University AUID)
- SIS Login ID (this one is the University username)
- Section (Section name in Canvas)
- Assignment Name followed by assignment ID number in brackets (e.g. Turnitin Assignment (21959))
If you are using an external source to mark, you can leave most columns blank but you must have fill out SIS User ID and Assignment Name and ID (where you input the marks obtained for that assignment). An example below would be fine to be imported back to Canvas.