Have your courses ready for student access two weeks before Semester One.
Some faculties have a specific publishing date for courses in Canvas, we recommend that you talk to your department or faculty for any agreed publishing date. Generally, Semester One courses should be published by February 12, 2018. This is two weeks before the start of the semester and one week before Orientation week.
Students can only see their course in Canvas once it is published. You can build your course content incrementally after the course has been published, but we suggest that basic course information be available from the start, such as:
- Syllabus (course outline)
- A welcome announcement
- First-week content
- Reading list
- Basic assignment information (assignment title, points, due date if known)
This can help students to prepare for their courses early on, for example in finding their readings, creating a personal calendar and planning their semester tasks and assignments.
- Read more on Resources: Set up a standard Canvas course
- Visit an examplar course in Canvas: UoA Example Course 2018
- Request for Canvas support: Contact page.