Did you know that you can add new navigation item to your Course menu? This is great if you want to surface an external link to all students in a systematic way.
For example, let’s say you wanted to add a link for the Library catalogue to your course navigation menu:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab.
- Click on the Redirect tool.
- Click on + Add app.
- Enter a title and the url you wish to link to and use the check boxes to select where you want the item to appear.
- Click on Add App.
- If the item doesn’t automatically appear in your Course navigation menu refresh your browser.
Removing the redirect link
To remove the Redirect link from your course menu:
- Click on Settings in the course navigation menu.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Either drag the item to the bottom of the page to hide it from students or click on the ellipsis and select Disable.
- Remember to click Save.